Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What is a MOTHER ? Acronym / Titus 2 Moms

My friend Cindy gave a devotional talk for our Titus 2 Moms group last week.  She does not have her own blog, so for a spot for the moms to read what she said, her notes are posted here from  May 22-27.


M-O-T-H-E-R

E: Example. Never underestimate the impact you will have in your child’s life. A child watches everything you do and copies it. Our child models our flaws flawlessly! When you speak, she will watch your mouth form sounds and learn to talk. He will try to mimic what she sees and hears and, in the process, be learning her first skills. When she is older, her value judgments will be very much like yours.

Do all you can to see that your life is worth emulating.


 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. (ICor. 11:1)

. . . as He who called you is holy, 
you also be holy in all your conduct . . . (I Peter 1:15)

Sometimes the most important decision you make isn’t the first one. Even in confession, repentance, apology, etc., training is happening through example. Model by example how to make an excellent second decision!


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...