Friday, May 14, 2010

Quick 30 Minute Meal / Chicken Parmesan

Here is a quick 30-minute meal that goes together easily.  I keep chicken of all types in our freezer (patties, boneless skinless breasts, leftover meat).    There is always spaghetti sauce in the pantry and cheeses in the frig.  Here we go:


I buy the big bags of patties at Sam's Club.




Spray baking pan with oil, then place the patties on the pan.


Next, put a tablespoon or so of spaghetti sauce on top.  I had a small amount of sauce in the frig and was able to finish using it up by making this last night.


Then place one slice of cheese on top. We like provolone or mozzarella for this dish.


Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  While baking, slice up fruit and steam a few green veggies.  Always make a meal as colorful on the plate as you can. :)  When it is done, it looks like this.


Here is the final meal.  
I had some angel hair pasta in the freezer as well, so I heated that with a little spaghetti sauce.   
Yes, you can freeze pasta and it thaws great.  Just add a little sauce.

Menu:
  • Chicken parmesan
  • Angel hair pasta with spaghetti sauce
  • Steamed fresh broccoli
  • Sliced cantaloupe with strawberries


TIP:  I always add something red if possible, to the dinner plate (tomatoes, strawberries, red grapes). It's like putting on lipstick and really brightens up the whole meal.  :)  Even just ONE makes a big difference in how it looks (see above).  

This entire meal was started at 6 p.m. and finished by 6:30 p.m.  Happy mom and happy family.




No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...