Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let Me Be A Woman / Elisabeth Elliot / Children / Mothers Day Series

Happy Mothers Day week!  To all the moms out there...



======================================



Let Me Be A Woman by Elisabeth Elliot


Chapter 8:  The Weight of Wings


Perspective makes all the difference in the world...The special gift and ability of each creature defines its special limitations.  This analogy is an excellent one so I'll share the whole thing:  As a bird comes to terms with the fact that it has wings which in fact, bear it up, away from the world, into the sky, into freedom, so the woman who accepts the limitations of womanhood finds in those very limitations her gifts, her special calling--wings, in fact, which bear her up into perfect freedom, into the will of God.

Sometimes the perspective comes in hindsight, sometimes in prayer, sometimes in a quiet place where we have time to think and ponder without distraction.  But if you are one of those women who feels that womanhood is an inconvenience or who would rather be anywhere than at home with your children and husband, maybe it's your long-term perspective that needs adjustment.  Before I had children, I worked in the corporate world as a trainer and a manager.  My perspective was completely different than what it is now.  In fact, looking back, I see that how I lived and what I learned in the business world as a "working woman" was directly opposite to what God's perspective of godly womanhood is.   Thankfully mine was adjusted when I was in my 20s and I am happier now than I have ever been in my lifetime as a wife and mother at home.   Looking back I never would have imagined this would happen.  Be patient.  Be honest.  Be real.  
======================================

Prayer #6 for Your Children:  Love for God's Word

May my children grow to find Your Word "more precious than gold, than much pure gold; sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb."  (Psalm 19:10)


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...