Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Healthy Fresh Meals / Being Creative with A Small Amount of Meat

Last week I sautéed four chicken breasts for dinner.  I always tell my family that I am not a short-order cook and generally we all eat the same thing at any given meal.  Sometimes however, it's fairly easy to accommodate everyone so I did  just that one night. 


I left one of the breasts whole and sliced the other three.  


For one hungry teenage son--whole chicken breast, leftover fries, green beans and peas.  He also had a bowl of strawberries on the side and a piece of homemade bread (not shown).




For my husband--hearty green salad with fruit and veggies (including peas), plus chicken slices on top. A few crackers on the side.


For me--just the salad without the meat, heavy on the fruit plus crackers.


Three easy meals from basically the same ingredients and/or leftovers.  Plus, I had sliced chicken leftover for the next day's lunches for two.  :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...