Sunday, May 30, 2010

Let Me Be A Woman YOU MARRY A SINNER / Elisabeth Elliot / Mothers Day Series


Let Me Be A Woman by Elisabeth Elliot

Chapter 23:  You Marry a Sinner

I love Elisabeth's reference to her friend Dorothy who said:  Well, dear, we're none of us prize packages.  Just look for the essentials and skip the rest!  The prize package most likely will contain some surprises, some pleasant, some not.   How much more we could relax  and enjoy all there is to enjoy if we took Dorothy's advice.  Truly, all we, like sheep, have gone astray, including me (and you).  We are all alike in our need of redemption, which is a freeing thought in relationships, to not expect perfection from one another.  

I had to laugh when Elisabeth referred to the movie from the 1970s Love Story and the famous quote: Love means never having to say you're sorry.   I agree that it is one of the most ridiculous lines written and to be quoted, to me, shows a person's foolishness.  You  DO need to say it and probably, OFTEN. To each other.  And, receive forgiveness in return which we all need.     Living with someone, sometimes you see the trouble spots TOO clearly and need to take off our magnifying glasses and put the rose-colored ones back on -- give a little grace.  Walk beside your spouse as heirs together of the grace of life.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...