Friday, January 27, 2012

Project 52 P52 / Week 4 / Self Portrait

I'm sticking with the Project 52  photography "assignment"  that I began the first week of January.  If you want to see the other photos I have submitted, click HERE.   This week's theme is Self-Portrait [I am #35].  I love the freedom Darcy gives us in using our imagination to come up with a photo that defines whatever the theme is.  The following photos you could say, define me...who I am, what/whom I love the most.

One is a true self-portrait which was harder to take than it looks.   Have you ever tried  taking a photo of yourself  with your  camera, holding it level, then smiling into a MIRROR at the same time--without covering your face with the camera? :)   By the way, this is the pocket camera  (a Sony Cybershot, 14.1 MP) that I use to take all of my photos. It is possible to take good ones with the little guys...  :)  One day maybe I'll own a nice digital SLR but for now, it's not in the budget... I'm perfectly happy with this one and carry it everywhere with me.  [If anyone has one that works that they no longer use [either giving away or selling very inexpensively], please let me know!]



Next, are the people and activities I spend most of my time with / on:
  • my sweet family--I've been married almost 25 years; two sons ages 22 and 17.
  • music-- I play the piano for enjoyment, weddings and other family events and teach at home.  I have owned this Baldwin piano since I was 10 years old.
  • my other home business --My Ebay / Amazon internet stores keep me on the computer quite a bit but I am thankful for a pleasant home office from which to work (designed by my husband).



Lastly are three things I love and enjoy:
  • my 25-year-old Bible with notes and thoughts from my married life and motherhood...things I have studied and learned over the years
  • color, the more brilliant the better. This is a Murano glass perfume bottle, a gift from my husband.  I love the way it reflects light.  I keep it on top of my piano where I can see it often.
  • a good cup of coffee, preferably homemade.   :)  Not a huge fan of Starbucks (too strong, but I do drink it occasionally).  Last year I  discovered Dunkin Donuts coffee on an airplane flight and LOVE it!



NOTES:  I photographed all of these with my little camera (someone else used it to take the family portrait), edited with iPhoto just a bit and "framed" the last two photos using the PicFrame app on my iPod Touch. 

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

11 comments:

Kim C. said...

Pretty lady!

Kim said...

So nice to see a glimpse into your life. I love the bible with the 25 years of notes!

Mrs. T. said...

Thank you both. I love keeping a Bible for a long time. It's almost a record of my life! Not sure if I'll get a new one in May (our 25th anniversary). :)

Kmcblackburn said...

You have the most beautiful warm smile :)

Kathy

Lizzi said...

Love these things that make you you.

And I love love love your bible with all your notes.

Dusty Coyote said...

I think you're getting great pictures with your camera! The difficult thing is having it with you-which you do. Thanks for sharing.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

You are doing just fine with your small camera. V

Donna said...

Great pictures. I love that Bible with notes in it. I have one like that, too.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Thanks for a glimpse into your life. I, for many years had a point and shoot that I took many wonderful pictures with, I love my DSLR, but the portability of the small cameras is priceless!

adventureswithben said...

Nowadays, a point and shoot or even your smartphone camera are more than ideal. I rarely use my DSLR - except for landscape and nature photography. Do you have a smartphone? The editing apps are great.

Mrs. T. said...

No, I don't have a smartphone but I have the latest iPod Touch which takes fair pictures. Not as many MP as an iPhone though. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...