Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ORGANIZATION TIP: Christmas card photos

What do you do with all those Christmas card photos from cards received?

Some put them on their refrigerators, others just toss them. I trim them down and put in a special "friends" album, stacking them from year to year.

Digital photos are great but I still love looking back over the photos of friends from years gone by.

I selected this pretty red gingham because I love red and because most of the photos are from Christmas cards.  It holds 200  4" x 6" photos.


This is a fun project that I generally do sometime in January.  I re-read the Christmas letters and cards that were sent, often praying for the dear ones who have sent them to us.  Then I remove the photos from the cards or trim the photo cards down to fit the album. 


After removing the photos, I use the paper trimmer and save some of the fronts of cards to use  for gift tags next year.  They are especially nice to attach to gifts for unbelievers, i.e. neighbors, co-workers, etc. since most have a Christian blessing / message for this season rather than just Happy Holidays.  :)


I insert the photos into the album. Some families have 8+ photos in their slot since we have been friends for many years.   I purge them periodically so the clear covers do not tear from too many in one slot.


A special album for special friends...old and new.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great idea Tonya, especially since so many are sending photocards these days. I have used various portions of cards for tags too and love recycling them!

Unknown said...

I love this idea!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...