Monday, January 9, 2012

Aldi Cereal Price Comparison

I use coupons but lately due to time constraints have slacked off  bit. Instead, I have been doing most of my food shopping at Aldi which is close to us and using coupons for items that Aldi does not carry at either Winn Dixie or Publix.  It has been surprising to me how much $$ I am saving for our regular grocery purchases by this simple change.



Two examples of items we regularly purchase are Cheerios and UNfrosted Shredded Wheat. I was so glad to see today that the Aldi Shredded wheat is now in stock at  $1.79 a box. They have had the frosted for quite awhile but just got the Unfrosted.  Grocery store price is  $2.99-$3.29 for a 16.4 oz box although I did see it this week at Winn Dixie BOGO $4.19 ($2.09 each). Still cheaper at Aldi. Tastes just the same as the Post brand.

 The Aldi version of Cheerios tastes exactly like General Mills Cheerios (my have cereal, so I know!). $1.59 for a 14 oz. box.   Grocery store price:  $ 3.99+.










I'll keep posting every now and then about products that we like at Aldi.  We are trying many of them systematically each time I shop there.  [We don't care for the yogurt.]   I just discovered the free Blogger app and how easy it is to use!    :)

2 comments:

Virginia Knowles said...

I shop at Aldi at least once a week, though I usually buy storebrand cereal at Walmart. Their prices on many staple items like milk and eggs and fruit are usually far below other grocery stores. Fresh bagged spinach is another favorite Aldi item. My kids don't always like their processed meats, though some are fine. ••• Virginia Knowles at www.comewearymoms.blogspot.com

stashmuffin said...

In my area they have great produce. I regularly buy that there, as well as the cereals. I love their oatmeal. I use it to make granola.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...