Monday, January 16, 2012

Project 52 / Week 3 / I Dreamed A Dream

These photos are my submission for this week's Project 52 on Friday [I am photo #54] , but I thought it was appropriate to post them today since it is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  I took them when my sons and I were in Washington, DC in March over Spring Break last year.



I was reading the plaques in the American History Museum and studying the scene below when three young  girls walked up together and stood for quite awhile in deep thought over this exhibit.  It was a rather poignant moment.   I can only imagine what they were thinking  but I'm sure that Martin Luther King, Jr. would have been glad to know these young girls will grow up in a world so different from his own with many more rights and privileges than he had. As he dreamed a dream, perhaps they do as well.

My dream and prayer is that one day the human trafficking / slavery that still continues in our world today will be brought more into the light and abolished as well.



For the text and audio of that great speech given on August 28, 1963, go HERE.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

3 comments:

Susan said...

Amazing huh? We use to live close to Washington.

Great shots...

Kim said...

Great post! What a great exhibit....
Nice picture of you and your boys....

LaShawn Wiltz said...

It's a great exhibit! I used to live in DC and LOVED that museum!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...