Friday, March 9, 2012

Project 52 / Week 10 / Be Still

This week's Project 52 photo assignment is Be Still.   [I am #48.]   When times are stressful and full of busy-ness, this verse is so comforting to me.  



Psalm 46:10 
“Be still [cease striving] and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” 


This photo was taken on a sunny morning walk in our neighborhood. When I slow down to capture the moment with my camera, or even better, just sit down to enjoy it, I often find there is more to "the moment" than I realized.  So often we miss the "little" things--clear bright blue skies, the whitest of white fluffy clouds gracefully floating by and the differences in color of new spring growth in the trees.  Squirrels are running all around and the birds are singing.  Be still...


This one  was taken last Saturday afternoon driving around with my husband.  I love the way the trees overhang from both sides of the road and meet in the middle.  Just the look of this scene makes me want to pull over with a hot drink and just listen to the birds singing.  We were driving very slowly but I wish we  had just stopped and sat under the trees.   Be still...


This one is my favorite which was taken a few weeks ago while I was on a women's retreat.  I had a few of the P52 themes in mind and was snapping away to capture a few photos for upcoming weeks.



Mark 6:31 
And He said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a lonely place and rest a while.” 

Be still...


To see more of my photos in this "assignment", go HERE.  

10 comments:

Kim Stevens said...

I love the canopy of the trees in that second one, and I have a pier similar to the last one near where I live - it's 1000' long! I love going out there and sitting at the end and feeling the swaying motion as the tides come in!!

Dusty Coyote said...

My favorite is the pier too. Really nice.

Media Goddess said...

I love the relaxing view, that is my idea of be still.

Gerty said...

I want to be right in the middle of your photos....enjoying the quiet. Love the photos! Thanks for the comment on my post.....but I'm sorry I deleted it! Pure accident. My fingers are too big for the touchscreen it seems :( but it is much appreciated.

Donna said...

Wow. These are great photos to go with the verse. My favorite is the last one.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Beautiful photos and that's a great verse. Something we need to remember to do more often.

Chelsea said...

I love the shot of the dock...great lines! I will be at the beach in Indonesia in less than a week and can't wait to experience the stillness...surrounded by 40 middle school students! :)

Unknown said...

I love the endless feel of that last photo. Thank you for sharing!

Christina said...

beautiful! love the last shot the most :)

I used the same verse in my post/shot this week too.

http://thefrugalhomemaker.com/2012/03/10/p52-be-still/

heritagemom said...

Pretty! I could sit on that dock in the last shot for hours. :)

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...