Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DEVOTIONS: Have You Read Your Bible Today?

This plant sits in our home at the entrance.  Sometimes I forget to water it and it starts to droop after just a few days as it is in the photo below.  The leaves have fallen so much that you can hardly see the vase.


The photo below is the same plant, pretty much taken from the same angle.  I did not turn the plant at all.  After  I watered it, honestly, within 15 minutes or so, it perked back up to life again.    The top leaf has raised up so much that it is actually covering the reflection of the painting and you can see the vase!



That's how it is when I / you stay out of the Word (the Living Water)  for even one day.  It doesn't take much time away for my thoughts to start wandering or my attitude to sour.  You'd think that as long as I have been a Christian that it would at least take a few days ... not so, I'm sad to say.   I'd much rather be like the plant in the lower photo, wouldn't you?  Find a quiet spot to read your Bible and pray EACH and every day... even if it is just for a few minutes.   Busy mom, when every minute seems to be filled with your little ones, a brief time with the Lord will renew your heart and spirit.



John 7:38
“He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 
‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’”

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
 that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. 

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...