Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Timeline of Your Life

This week's Project 52 photo assignment is Be Still which will be in tomorrow's blog post.  Thinking about that topic reminded me of a project I did years ago with our two sons--making a timeline of our lives. [This is a sequel to a previous blog post.]   Life is so fleeting with so many memories and sometimes just taking the time to be still and actually write some of it down gives you perspective.  I'm not talking about scrapbooking.  I don't have the time or the creativity to do that although I admire the work of those who do.

I'm talking about the big picture of your life... where you have been...major things you have done... in a visual form.  Here is a blank slate to get you started.  Click on the photo to enlarge and print it out if you'd like.

Timeline of your life


This is my timeline filled in.   I am 56 years old now.  When I first did this with our sons I was in my early 40's.  Just looking at it shows that more than half of my life is over (not to be morbid) and has encompassed many things.   Some that I am proud of, others that I am not.  The major events and changes are noted on the chart.  There are so many things that  we  / I have spent time on that didn't make it on the chart and looking at this helps me see other activities from a clear vantage point.   Am I wasting my life? or am I using it for something that will outlast it?  Prayerfully, my children will outlast me and my relationships with many will as well.   I pray that the ministries I have been involved in have been a blessing to others.  A life well spent will receive the final "well done" when it is time.  

My personal timeline 1955-  ?

How are you spending your time these days?  If you have young children, just raising them well is  the main thing that will occupy your time in this season of life--pretty much 24/7. Don't let anyone tell you that you should be doing this or that no matter how "good" it sounds.  If you have older children or no children at all, how are you spending your free hours? Extravagantly and wastefully? or serving  and helping others?  Are you growing and developing yourself in areas of interest and strengths? If you are older, are you sharing your wisdom with those younger than you? Are  you opening your home as a haven to others and showing hospitality?

Step back and take a look.  You may be surprised at this visual aid of seeing where you life has been and start making changes now so that it is headed where you really want it to go...in the right direction.


Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may present to Thee a heart of wisdom. 


http://flairtoremember.blogspot.com/2011/09/friday-freebies-beautiful-quote-for.html

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...