Wednesday, March 21, 2012

FlyLady : Helping You Keep Your Home Clean and Organized One Baby Step at a Time

FlyLady..

A bit strange for a logo, for sure...
http://flylady.net/

 ...but this pleasant  little lady is a huge help in keeping your home clean and organized.

Marla Cilley, the REAL FlyLady
FLYing means Finally Loving Yourself.  Peace of Mind, Pride in my home and a Passion for Living.

I stumbled across FlyLady at the library last year and checked out one of  her books.  If you're not online much, a book might be more helpful.   Of course, if you're reading this, you're online, but you may know someone who is not  and who prefers a book to a site or an app.  I don't use her site all the time but when I'm starting my thorough spring cleaning (March is the month for it), I love it to help me stay on track and yet, not get overwhelmed by how much there is to do.  I tend to follow her guidelines again starting again in September.  I have regular weekly  routines myself as to when I vacuum, clean and dust but some areas do tend to get overlooked.  They don't however, using her weekly calendars.

Your home is broken down into zones focusing on one each week.  Of course, you have to wipe the bathrooms and clean your kitchen each day, but for thorough cleaning and organizing, this SITE [click on TODAY]  or APP helps a great deal.  This week's zone is the Master Bedroom and I've already gotten a LOT done in there.   For me, it's a "starting point" and I usually do more than she recommends, but I'm a Type A and tend to be that way.  Do whatever works for you.  If you have young children at home, or have a full-time job outside the home, just do the "baby steps" as she says to get you started.   You can do anything in 15 minutes is one of her favorite mottos and it's true, so get your timer ready and begin today.

Click HERE for answers to FAQ.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...