Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sam's Club : Fresh Broiled Salmon

I shop at Sam's Club once a week.  As you may know, Sam's and Aldi's are my main grocery stores these days and thankfully, both are very convenient to our home and only two minutes from each other.

This week fresh salmon was finally a reasonable price. I've been craving it but refuse to ruin our food budget for it.  This large piece of salmon was about $14.00. At a restaurant, that would be less than one meal!


This is my husband's recipe and is the easiest and tastiest way to prepare salmon for baking or grilling.  We took a family trip to Washington State and Canada several years ago and my husband was "on the hunt" for the best tasting salmon there.  Honestly, this was better than any we had out west.

You only need three ingredients:  cinnamon, olive oil and honey.  Sprinkle / pour these on BOTH sides of the salmon.  



Rub it in with your hands really well.  


Let it sit for an hour or so.  BROIL one side on the low setting (this may vary depending on your oven)  for 7 minutes, then broil on the other side for 10 minutes.


Cut it in good size sections to serve.  You will LOVE this.    I served it with summer squash, rice pilaf, green beans,  fresh fruit salad and wine. [Everything on our plates and glasses came from either Aldi or Sam's Club.]

This one fish made enough for three meals and I made salmon salad from the two leftover pieces the next day.  Recipe forthcoming.



1 comment:

Carrie from Sam's Club said...

The broiled salmon looks incredibly delicious! How clever of you to make a salmon salad out of the leftover pieces. Thank you for sharing your recipe AND thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...