Monday, March 26, 2012

Recipe : Fresh Summer Squash with Onions

I love fresh summer squash.  I purchased a package of squash and a bag of onions at Aldi last week so I could make it for dinner.  This is one of my mother's recipes and I think it's delicious.  Very light and easy to prepare, only using four ingredients plus seasonings--4-5 yellow squash, one large onion, one egg, butter.


Slice the onion and squash.  Boil for 45 minutes, then drain.


Add one egg, the butter and the salt and pepper.



 Stir well. The stirring "cooks" the egg, so don't worry about eating a raw egg.



This makes a great side dish or just eat it by itself for a light lunch  (which I like to do).    Here's how I served it most recently at home.     Menu:  fresh broiled salmon, rice pilaf, fresh green beans, fresh fruit salad and wine.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...