Friday, March 23, 2012

Project 52 / Week 12 Hunger

This week's Project 52 theme is Hunger. [I am # 32.]    I assume that was selected this week due to the blockbuster movie that opened last night at midnight titled The Hunger Games. Haven't read the books but the reviews have been very good for this trilogy (yes, another one) that has captured the attention of teens and adults.

I have visited South America and seen extreme hunger but those photos are so old, they don't meet the guidelines for this week.  I am enjoying the recent ones at the P52 site that are more current of the increasing need for food in so many parts of our world.  May God have mercy and provide.

Other than those, all  I could think of for this week's theme was a good photo shot of a nice meal which I prepared last night.   Salmon was a reasonable price at Sam's Club yesterday (and I've been craving it), so I bought some since I knew we'd all be home for dinner at the same time.   With a teen working a part-time job, there are very few evenings during the week that we all have dinner together; even fewer when my older son is home as well.  :(  

RECIPES:  fresh salmon and  Southern  summer squash.  [Please excuse the tip of my camera case in the photo-- my family was in a hurry to start dinner when I took this!]


To see my other photos in this project, click HERE.

4 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

yum we love salmon. love your plates too!

Dominique@Dominique's Desk said...

Your cooked salmon looks really yummy and good!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love all the reds and blues in your photo. The food absolutely looks delicious too. We love Salmon. I made a new recipe with salmon this week. An open faced sandwich with spinach, capers, salmon and an egg on top. Fresh Salmon Croque Madame. Delightfully something different.

Ana said...

Mmmmm.... YUM! I love salmon and I can't wait for the summer! My husband makes me the best bbq salmon. That's one of my favorite parts of the summer... having dinner on the deck with him.

It looks so delicious, it made me hungry and it's only 9 in the morning here :)

Have a great weekend!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...