Friday, March 2, 2012

Project 52 / Week 9 / A Leap of Faith

Well, here is another curious theme (I'm sure it's related to Leap Year) for this week's Project 52 photo assignment. [I am #68.] I was trying to be alert to any photo opp which even remotely reminded me of a "A Leap of Faith". I don't have any pets jumping around or young children playing on trampolines or at gymnastics.    Yesterday morning during an early walk (trying to get some exercise in each day) I thankfully had my camera. When I walked down to the street the fog was so dense you not see very far in front of you.


A man was out walking his dog and I snapped this photo. I took several others in the fog as well, but this one seemed to tell a story of walking in life one day at a time when we cannot see what's going to happen next... just taking the very next step, in faith and trusting in the One Who goes before us to prepare the way.




Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.    In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths. 


30  minutes after this photo was taken, the sun burst through the clouds.  Now THIS photo is more like it!   Kind of like going from Kansas to Oz.  :)  :)  :)







5 comments:

msdewberry said...

Good interpretation of the Giant Leap! Many times I have driven through fog on my way to work, and at times just have to have some faith I can keep on the road. We get some wicked fog around these parts!

Julie Ball said...

Love your thoughts and photos, and those azaleas are gorgeous! :) I love fog... except when I have to drive in it. ;) It makes everything seem so surreal and quiet. And it does make the world's colors seem brighter when it's gone!

Unknown said...

Great interpretation of this week's theme. I really love that first photo.

Light Trigger said...

first photo is so beautifuk and magical, thanks for stopping by

Julanne said...

Love the image as I'm also a great fan of fog. I also struggled with the interpretation of the theme until I walked into a church this weekend and realized that faith is the biggest leap I know of. I'm #120 on the challenge. Have a great week!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...