Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy 23rd Anniversary

Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary.    

Summer 1982
We look so young!  :)












How did I know that he was the right one?


Believe it or not, a passage from Leviticus spoke to me that year.  Read the passage carefully below.    


We dated for about a year, then broke up for 3 years which surprised me since I was so sure we would get married.   We were friends and neighbors by then.  I wrote in my Bible:   Married in  1987?  Although we both dated other people in the interim, we got back together in the 4th year (1986) and  dated for another 6 months.  He proposed on Christmas Eve 1986.   We were married in the 5th year (1987).   God revealed His plan for me in an obscure passage, even way back then.  Although there have been ups and downs, I am certain that I married "the right one".    :)




 May 16, 1987





Christmas 2009


Easter 2010


23 years and 2 children later... :)

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie!     I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a nice anniversary with your family. Congrats on 23 years!

Cheri said...

Linked over from the marriage sites - happy belated anniversary ( a month later)! We also married in 1987 - March 14th, and had 2 boys as well.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...