Friday, April 27, 2012

Project 52 Week 17 : Green

I knew just what I wanted to photograph for this week's Project 52 assignment.  This barren sycamore tree was a photo that I took with my iPod Touch for Week 5 / Shadows.   Its enormous leaves were all over everyone's lawn the entire length of our street.  This photo was taken in early February.


Here is that same tree yesterday (12 weeks later) for this week's P52  theme Week 17 / Green...now with all of its new spring growth.  [I am #24.]  What a remarkable change.    The sky really was this blue and the leaves that green.  :)



How like the seasons of our lives... sometimes they feel barren or dormant, then we burst into full bloom.  It can happen at any age--the teenage years, 20s-30s, midlife or sage stage.  Nature can become a parable if we pause and think and pray for eyes to see as the Lord sees.  :)

Jeremiah 17:8   ...be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit. 



To view my other photos in this  fun weekly photo project, click HERE.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you photographed the same tree at different times. What a great idea!

shadowgurl212 said...

Love the photo comparison. I also have a huge sycamore tree in my front yard, and I feel your pain on the leaves. Our neighbors probably despise us every year.
I always know when it's spring though, that tree goes from barren to full overnight.

Donna said...

Beautiful tree. I love seeing the change. I love the quote from Jeremiah. It is just perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a difference a few weeks can make. The tree is so pretty.

Chelsea said...

Great job! I love the comparison...it's so easy to forget how bare things were just a couple of months ago.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...