Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pondering : Just Enough Time ...

justglasssite.com


I am a planner.  I like to schedule, make lists, check off what I've done, arrive early and be prepared--on time.  Sometimes things "interrupt" my schedule and I have choices to make.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I had arranged my day to do so many different things--plant flowers, work in the garden,  pay bills, work on my Ebay store, clean/vacuum, ironing,  make a meal for company that night...  


We were having company over for dinner and to watch a movie (The Help).  My husband hadn't seen it yet.    Yard chores done, cleaning done.   I had done a small amount of the meal prep after lunch and worked on my Ebay inventory project for a couple of hours as well.  About 3:30 p.m. a friend called and asked me to drive her to the hospital since her husband had been admitted.   I was glad to help her but was a little nervous about stopping meal prep to do so.   I was able to get a lot of the chopping/dicing done while waiting for her to get home from work so I could take her.  I was glad  I was making a simple meal that I had made often so I had the routine down like clockwork (no pun intended).  




After getting back home from that, there was no need to panic since I had almost an hour to finish the meal (plenty of time), I looked out the front window to see a piano student and her mom parked outside.  I had on my calendar that they had rescheduled her lesson for Thursday instead of Wednesday but come to find out, that is NEXT week!  Got to read my emails more closely...   No time to change--I was still in shorts, a T and flip-flops which I never wear when teaching.   Ugh!  Oh, well...  




Finished the piano lesson, they left and I now had 20 minutes to blitz dinner.  I could not believe that I got it all done and even washed the pots/pans, dried them and put them away.  The only chore that didn't get done was the ironing which I can do today. [I did manage to iron one dress shirt for my husband for a wedding this weekend.]  :)


Company came and left, and we had an enjoyable evening together.  My husband helped with the clean-up and we all got to bed at a decent hour.


There really WAS enough time for all that NEEDED to be done.  Why be anxious?  


Eccl. 3:1  There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven — 


Thank You, Lord, for that reminder.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...