Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kitchen Gadgets : Sudsy Scrubber

I've mentioned the FlyLady in previous posts.  She's the one who encourages you to take baby steps to keep things tidy.  I'm generally tidy and organized by nature, OK, sometimes a little obsessive compulsive about it.  One of her Back to Basics items is to shine your sink every night.  I used to think this was a little odd but I was already in the daily habit of rinsing it when I wash a few dishes and load the dishwasher after dinner each night.




I went the extra step to shining it clean each night and I have to admit that it's really quite nice to wake up to a shiny kitchen sink.  One little tool that I had been looking for and could only find at the  Dollar Deals Store is this handled sponge/scrub brush [sudsy scrubber]  that you fill with cleaner or soap.  My mother and aunt used to use these all the time and I had to really hunt in several stores before I found one.  I fill mine with Lysol fresh scent liquid and use this on the last rinse of my sink.  I fill it on Monday morning and it lasts the entire week since it is only used for this purpose.  I have another one in one of the bathrooms (need to buy one more for the 2nd bath) and have been using it almost daily in there as well.  

The FlyLady would be happy with my daily shined sink.  :)


Try doing this as an easy way to bless your family (and yourself).

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...