Friday, April 20, 2012

Project 52 / Week 16 Things That Grow

I knew right away what I'd shoot for this week's P52 assignment Things That Grow. [I am #33.]  I've been watching my garden in pots for something to harvest and almost missed these radishes. This is the first root vegetable I've ever planted.  Have you ever seen any shaped like this?    :)  The ones in the store are perfectly round. Not sure how they get that way...


I know they're good in salads but HERE as some recipes to try if you have any in your garden. Just discovered you can eat the GREENS, too.  I thought these were quite bitter, so I tossed them.  The radishes are very crunchy and VERY peppery.  Does anyone grow radishes?  Is this the way they are supposed to taste?

I will attempt a cooked radish recipe and see if that makes them taste any better cooked.  Regardless, it's always fun to eat something that has been homegrown.


4 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love the look of radishes, but I have never been a fan of the taste of them. It has been a while, maybe I should try them again.

kelly said...

isn't it just wonderful to harvest something from your garden!! :) great photo!!

April said...

I love radishes! My mom used to cut them up raw and sprinkle a little salt on them as a snack for the two of us when I was very young.

Donna said...

Very pretty. Not a big fan of the taste of radishes. Still it's always fun to eat something from your own garden.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...