Friday, April 13, 2012

Project 52 / Week 15 Sacrifice

With Easter just behind us, the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus for us is all I could think of for this week's Project 52 theme of Sacrifice.  [I am #32.]   The photo below is of an 8 1/2-inch nail which is the approximate size of the nails that pierced His hands and feet and were used in crucifixions during that time of Roman rule.   It weighs 6 ounces and is 1/4 inch in diameter.  Made with modern machines, it is not rough hewn like they would have been in Jesus' time on earth.   


I've placed it on a page from our family Bible (wedding gift).






Heartbreaking...  If you've ever seen The Passion, The Jesus Film, or any number of movies about Jesus'  crucifixion, seeing and holding this huge nail makes His sacrifice even more real.



John 20:31 ...but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. 




To see my other photos in the P52 project, click HERE.


5 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing.

BearBoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
btr8898 said...

That's a huge nail! Thank you for sharing this.

Media Goddess said...

Nice pic : )

collettakay said...

Lovely!

The cross in my P52 pic is at our local campground. I sometimes go back to it on my walks. I think it is beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Colletta

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...