Thursday, April 19, 2012

Making A Meal Look Good Enough to Eat

I hope I'm not insulting you by mentioning this.   I have been to dinner gatherings where everything was one color or light colored on white plates.  Doesn't look too appetizing.

Even in the examples below of building the color on a plate, I could have used red and/or yellow plates, or even dark green rimmed ones.   In the sequence, you can see how the addition of more colorful side items makes the meat/rice dish [Swedish meatballs with a cream sauce] look even more tasty.







2 days later... leftovers made more colorful...



I finish it off by adding a few strawberries in keeping with my "red lipstick" rule.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...