Thursday, September 1, 2011

Your Morning Devotional Quiet Time / Book of Proverbs

Proverbs / The Book of Wisdom

Reading your Bible each morning (if possible) and praying is pretty much a regular routine for everyone in my family.  I wish I had learned this as our children  have at a much younger age.  Mornings seem to work best because there is ALWAYS something to take over the time later in the day.

If you do not already do this on a regular basis and don't really know where to start, a good place to begin is with the book of Proverbs. There are 31 days in most months so it's easy to find your place even without a bookmark.   Today is September 1, so here a LINK to  the Proverb for today--Chapter 1.

I like to choose at least one verse or two from each passage I read that I can think about during the day or that appeals to a specific need as I read along.   I will be posting these on my Facebook wall as well.  The one I chose from today's chapter which may be different from the one you choose is this:


Proverbs 1:33 
But he who listens to Me shall live securely, and shall be at ease from the dread of evil.




No Sunday school lesson, just a thought for your day.


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...