Thursday, September 15, 2011

Farrell's Ice Cream

We have some dear friends whose last name is Farrell and thinking of them last week reminded me of Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour that was popular here in the 1970's. Anyone remember it?  It used to be here in one of the larger malls and closed down many years ago.  I thought they were totally out of business until I googled  and discovered they still exist in a few states.



We used to have so much fun going there for birthdays and just to celebrate life when I was in college.  We never even thought of calories, cholesterol or sugar. We just went and had fun together there.  As I remember,  your ice cream was free on your birthday and I vaguely recall a giant sundae that was on the menu as well.    I also remember that was a lot of running around and noise when a particular dessert was ordered but I don't remember which one.  Oh, well, if you have one in your area, be sure to check it out!





Those were the days...  :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...