Friday, September 2, 2011

Using Your Entertainment Club Book 2011 / Orlando Edition

How many of you have purchased an Entertainment Club book this year?  We have been buying these for at least the last 10  years or so.  Primarily from schools who sell them for fundraising, but I have also purchased them at Bed, Bath & Beyond or CVS when I could not find a student who was selling them.  Sometimes you even get a discount at those stores.

I just bought the new 2011-2011 edition for our city.  $30 may seem like a high price for coupons / discounts but it really is a bargain if you go out or shop AT ALL.  We always get our money's worth (you know me!) out  of each book.  Our previous book had two months left on it so I gave it to our older son to use through the end of October.  There are still many coupons in it that we have not used.



Once you buy the book, be sure to activate it your card online and keep it in your wallet.  I like that they have a keychain card this year as well.



This year I am going to be a little more aggressive with using the book as I am going to TRY to use at least one coupon each week for something.  Thankfully this year the book includes some $5 grocery coupons which the original ones always did. The last few years these have been omitted.  Publix accepts competitor coupons as does Wal-Mart, so using those just about pays for the book.

Here is one that I tried to use yesterday at Publix but they would not accept it because "Supreme Beef" is actually a store brand name.  At least I tried.  There is just one more of these in the book but I don't usually shop at Albertsons.  The others will be accepted  for sure.  :)

 I still used other coupons and got out of Publix spending less than $50.00 [including a fair amount of produce], an almost unheard of feat before learning how to  match and stack coupons from my coupon Master.


Check back under the label ENTERTAINMENT CLUB BOOK so see how I'm doing "getting my money's worth" out of this book.   I'll list the total saved at the bottom of each post and see how long it takes to recoup my $30 "investment".   I hope to find some great bargains and try a few new places as well.

P.S. You can buy these books online at THIS LINK for a variety of cities.  I noticed that if you purchase from a fundraising organization they are $5.00 less expensive.  Mine cost $30.00.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...