Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hospitality / Spontaneous Time With Your Friends

I'm trying to be more hospitable.  We have company periodically and the teenagers come for game nights every now and then.  I don't often get to see my girlfriends (just girls, that is) so I am especially trying to be creative in getting together with some of them.  Some of my getting together times are during the day while my husband is at work and my younger son is at college classes.  Some of it is during the home Gator games that my husband is attending with his cousin this year.

Last Saturday night I had two college friends over for dinner [I made stromboli] to celebrate a birthday of one of them.  We had a great time together.  I've had some of the younger women from our church over for a couple of hours lately to visit and talk, each on different mornings.  One came with her young daughter and I thought it would be fun to have a little "tea party" to make her feel comfortable while we talked.  It was very easy and took all the stress out of "entertaining".    We sat in the living room for a couple of hours and had a really nice visit together.

Ingredients:

  • One card table
  • One white fringed throw
  • 3 cloth napkins
  • 3 coffee / teacups
  • 3 luncheon plates
  • One platter
  • Storebought decorated sugar cookies
  • Sliced apples
  • Fresh coffee & cream
  • Fruit juice


Very simple, but a little attention to detail  for a guest or two in your home makes them feel loved and welcomed.  Entertaining doesn't have to be complicated and your house doesn't have to look perfect.  Just find a quiet spot for 2-4 friends to sit and chat and enjoy each other's company.




The ornaments of your house will be the guests who frequent it.  ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are a wonderful hostess and you are so right...we often make things more difficult than we should, and it stops us from having others. Doesn't really take much...just a willing heart!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...