Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Using Your Entertainment Club Book 2011-2012 / Orlando Edition / Athena Café

Over the weekend it was just the two of us at home for dinner on Friday night while our younger son attended Night of Joy at Disney with friends.   I was pooped from the day's activities and I knew my husband would be too tired on a Friday to go out to dinner.  The Entertainment Club book to the rescue again...

Athena Cafe in Altamonte Springs is a diner-style family-owned restaurant.  We have not had food from there in awhile but it was just as good as I remembered.  The coupon [page C83]  was for $6.00 off breakfast or lunch, so I called ahead to see if I could order lunch around 5 p.m.  They said that was fine, that the menus are actually the same.



I ordered 1/2 roasted chicken which came with two sides.  I chose green beans and yellow rice.  It also came with two pieces of fresh pita bread.


I also ordered spanokopita (spinach pie).  



The total bill was about $15.00 - $6.00 = $9.00 [$4.50 each] for a delicious meal.   We actually could have divided it up among three people because the spinach pie was so filling. I gave my chicken to my husband and just have 1/2 of the spanokopita.  Divided among three, it would have been $3.00 per person.  Can't beat that.

Dinner for two:



Total E-Club book savings to date:  $11.49


To see the other savings so far, click HERE.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...