Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spring Cleaning in Winter


  • Olive Garden (we have a gift card)
I have not mentioned yet this week that I have started "spring" cleaning. Yes, it is still winter, even in Florida.  I typically do this after Christmas and sometime over the summer when I really declutter big time.  Sometimes I need a little help and for this, I go to The Fly Lady. If you have never seen her website, it's really quite cute and clever with "baby steps" for tackling big cleaning jobs. I discovered her last year from a library book which referred me to her website.    She divides your home into five zones, tackling one per week.  This week is the kitchen; today is the refrigerator which is getting a thorough cleaning top to bottom.   Check out her site (or the book)  if you need a little fun boost to your work. I call it a "spoonful of sugar".  :)  Cleaning a house, no matter what the size, can be overwhelming, so don't try to do it all in one day or even one week.  Once it's REALLY cleaned, maintenance is pretty easy until the next major holiday, vacation or event.   


Tonight, as noted above, we're all going out to dinner to hear the adventures of our older son's trip to Passion 2010 in Atlanta this past week.  Can't wait to hear all the news, PLUS have Italian!


Today is my younger brother's birthday.  In November I posted on this blog about being thankful for him.   He is so dear to me and I pray every day that the Lord blesses him and keeps him close, giving him wisdom beyond his years and increasing in the knowledge of Him.  Happy Birthday, John.










1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

Have fun at Olive Garden- I LOVE their salad and breadsticks, they are so good. It should be fun to hear about your older son's trip as well.
Toni

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...