Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In Honor of a Friend, Birthday Greetings




Supper Menu:


  • Stuffed shells from the freezer (Italian with ricotta cheese), salad


Today is the birthday of a friend whom I have known since we were 15 years old.  We both moved to Winter Park the same summer, lived in the same neighborhood and started high school together at the newest school, and definitely the largest at the time with 3000+ students.  I had attended a small junior high school, just 8th and 9th grade, in Augusta, Georgia, before moving here so it was a bit of a shock. for me and I was glad to have a new friend.  Our family moved to Orlando for my dad's job on the new Disney project.


Special long-term or childhood friends are few and far between.  I have only a handful from when I was a child or a teenager although I have quite a few Facebook friends/acquaintances from those times of my life.  This particular woman and I have been through braces, service clubs, boyfriends, high school, college, sorority, marriage and children together and have stayed in touch all these years. For all these 40 years I always remember her birthday since it is the day before my brother's.  She married right after college, long before I did, so our children do not know each other.  There was a period of several years when we didn't see much of each other and now have resumed our "ongoing" conversation together.  She is definitely one of those friends whom I referred to yesterday that I have seen most of her puzzle pieces.


These days she is in a walk of trials for which I can only pray and be there to talk to and spend time with  when she needs me.   She is one of the most generous, thoughtful and kind people I have had the privilege of knowing.   I pray that 2010 is a time of new beginnings with much more happiness than she can imagine.  Happy Birthday, Carol.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...