Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Morning after Christmas Break

Everyone is moving slowly today, especially with the unusual cold weather we are experiencing here in Florida.  We didn't cover the plants last night like some of our neighbors did so I hope when I go outside they're not frozen.  30s in the morning for a whole week is rare for us.  Usually we get a blast of cold for a day or two then back to our normal 70s and 80s for January so this is a huge change for us.  With my husband heading back to work after having 11 days off, I'll actually take a couple of more days (except for carpool today) to relax myself. :)  I usually walk in the mornings but this week I'll be walking in the afternoons with the sun up high for a little extra warmth.  


Change is good and so is variety in our lives.  We appreciate the routine when there is an abrupt change but also enjoy experiencing something new.  The goal is to not be afraid of change and to prepare for what's coming if you even think there will be a change. What are some changes you will be experiencing this year? or this week? or even this day?  What have you done or are doing to prepare for them?


Isaiah 35:3-4 Encourage the exhausted, and strengthen the feeble.  Say to those with anxious heart, “Take courage, fear not."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll begin posting dinner menus this week for the month of January to use up what's in my pantry and freezer.   A friend of mine's daughter writes the blog The Happy Housewife and is doing the same thing, so I'll join in.  Feel free to send your menus as well. I always need new ideas to use up what I have on hand.

  • Monday: Homemade chicken and vegetable soup, homemade bread, salad.

1 comment:

susieloulou said...

You know the happy housewife's mom?? :-)
We are having meatloaf from the freezer today and I haven't shopped yet, so you could say we're eating from our pantry.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...