Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Titus 2 Moms Older Mentoring the Younger

Supper tonight:

  • Baked shrimp, leftover stir-fry, crab cakes

This morning I had the pleasure of attending a small gathering of about 12 women with half being older moms and half being younger ones with babies and young children.  Most of the children were with teenage babysitters and a few were with us.  We are starting a new group at our church called Titus 2 Moms with the expectation that we older moms will mentor and help train the younger moms to 


...be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

as Titus 2: 3-5 states.  

I love mentoring and discipling, not just with classes, but just with sharing daily life. In a sense, this blog does that as well only not face-to-face.  I had the benefit of a couple of older women taking me under their wing when I was a younger wife and new mother.  Our discussions and outings together were SO helpful and at the time, I looked at them as being the wisest women I had ever known.  Now, 20+ years later I think I am able to pass on much of what plain old experience and walking with the Lord these many years has taught me.  I will be speaking at our next gathering in February on a practical subject and can't wait.  I'm sure though, that the younger ones will be teaching us older ones a thing or two as well. :)




1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

That is great that your church had created a program like this! I wish my church had this when I was a young mom. Thank goodness for grace, because I made so many mistakes!
:)
Toni

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...