Thursday, January 21, 2010

Preparing for a 3-Day Trip What to Pack

My husband and I leave in the morning for a short 3-day weekend trip to stay in North Florida on the beach. We'll be attending a wedding tomorrow night for a sweet young man who is one of my older son's closest friends.  Unfortunately we didn't know him until his senior year but he was such a good friend to my son and a very pleasant young man to be around.  He also was one of my piano students for several months so I got to spend some time with him as well.  My son is a groomsman in the wedding so he's already there for the rehearsal dinner tonight but we're packing tonight to make a full three days of it.  We hardly ever take trips together without one or both of our sons with us, so this will be an adventure.


What to pack for this short trip / weather 50s to 70 degrees, so a little on the cool side:
  • Wedding outfit 
  • Wedding gift
  • Camera, extra batteries and/or charger
  • One pair of shorts
  • One pair of jeans
  • One pair of exercise pants (choose one of these three pants to wear on the drive there)
  • 3 interchangeable tops (one long-sleeve, 2 short-sleeve)
  • Pajamas & slippers
  • One sweater that goes with everything
  • Undies
  • Shoes: tennies, sandals, dress shoes
  • Toiletries, makeup, curling iron...
Sometimes I lay out all I want to take, then put about half of it back because I tend to pack too much.  We use the medium-sized roller suitcases, so except for the wedding outfit, I'm limited to the size of the case.  These are great for flying on airplanes and can be counted as a carry-on piece of luggage.

I'll wear my tennis shoes to cut down on the bulk.  It if were warmer, I'd have 2 pairs of shorts and another short-sleeved or sleeveless top, plus a swimsuit and cover-up.  Not much different in the number of items, so as to keep things simple.  I don't think I've ever left behind anything that I needed and usually come home with a few things that were never worn. Let's see how I do this weekend.  :)


No more blogs until Monday.  Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...