Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Weekend 2010

I hope you are continuing to enjoy the holiday weekend before returning to work, school or whatever is your regular routine on Monday morning. We've had three weeks off from school and it has flown by; my husband had 11 days off from work and says the same thing. We have certainly enjoyed it all--the time together, just relaxing and spending time with family and friends. I'll probably start taking some of the Christmas decorations down on Monday. Our older son returns from Passion in Atlanta on Wednesday and will stay with us Thursday night, so I'll leave our small tree in the family room up until he leaves on Friday. Please pray for him if you think about it as it's the first time he's driven his own car to Atlanta. They left at 6:00 a.m. this morning. He went to Unveiled there last year but was a passenger rather than the primary driver. This week should be an exciting, fun-filled and spirit-filled week for him and his friends who are all traveling together.

This morning my husband and I went for breakfast at Panera Bread on Park Avenue then walked and window-shopped (he bought a shirt) afterwards. I even ran into an old friend from college whom I had not seen in about 10 years. It's in the 50s here in Orlando and will be "cold" all week long so it was a treat walking in the crisp morning air with gloves and down vests/sweaters on. My husband and our younger son are now off to see Avatar in 3D while I just hang out here at home with my hot tea and play. :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...