Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FAITH: Politics / Government


1Timothy 2:1-2 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Politics--the mention of the word stirs up emotions in people---boredom, anger, frustration, joy, change for better/worse, confusion, loss... There are so many disconcerting things happening today in our government, from the local to the federal level, that I can certainly see why many, including me, are concerned. I love the quote by Edmund Burke: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. The United States is still by far, the best country in which to be a citizen. However, I pray for strong, godly men, my sons are now in that category, to be able to stand alone and speak up when necessary in this society that we live in. When anxiety or fear about our government raises its ugly head, remember: Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...