Thursday, August 13, 2009

FINANCES: Wholesale Warehouse Clubs


Psalm 118:24

This is the day which the LORD has made;

Let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To join a warehouse club or not...that's a big question for families. We have a family of four and doing some of the grocery shopping at Sam's Club has been very beneficial to us particularly since we have an additional freezer. I purchase most of our meats in bulk, dairy products & cheeses, orange juice, and some produce weekly. I add to the shopping list as needed. Since I have a part-time business I am able to join with a business membership of $35 per year rather than the individual cost of $40. The savings on milk alone pays for the membership ($3.40 vs. $2.29/gallon x 52 = $57+). The business membership allows me a second card (my husband) as well as entrance into the club from 7:00 - 10:00 a.m. on weekdays. This time frame gets me in and out of the store very quickly. Sam's Club also has an auto center (car batteries and tires only), a pharmacy, a digital photo center which I use frequently, a deli and bakery, as well as a huge variety of other household items. There are other wholesale clubs--BJ's and Costco-- to name two. I use Sam's because it is literally 2 minutes from my house. Take advantage of one of these clubs if they are nearby.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...