Saturday, August 1, 2009

FUN: Saturday Quiet Fun

There is an appointed time for everything.

And there is a time for every event under heaven—

Ecclesiastes 3: 1


We helped our older son move into a house with some other college guys for the school year closer to his college. Not actually fun, but I cherish any moments being with him and helping him whenever they come now that he's gotten older (20). It's a whole new adventure for him to live outside of our home and a slightly smaller nest now for me. Bittersweet, to be sure, but it is time.

After we were finished with the move my husband and I went in our pool for a little while to cool off and tonight we are taking a picnic supper to a local park with a lake to have dinner and watch the sunset. It's as much for time together (our other son is at a sleepover) as to get our minds off of the move and the big change in our lives that occurred today. It's always fun to be outside on summer evenings, minus mosquitoes. We used to have lots of picnics when the kids were younger. We'll probably walk and and windowshop as well. It will be a quiet evening.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...