Monday, August 3, 2009

FAMILY & FRIENDS: Cameras

I remember the days of old;

I meditate on all Your doings;

I muse on the work of Your hands.

Psalm 143: 5


I carry my small digital camera in my purse frequently. So often I've seen people or events when I wish I had my camera with me, well, now I usually do. I had it with me last night when we ran in to some old friends and their children who are now all grown up. We had not seen them in at least 15 years and I was so glad to be able to take a family photo of them.

My camera is an older Canon, only 4 MP, not even a slimline, but it's perfect for me for snapshots, eBay photos (business tax write-off) and just capturing quick moments. I may get another one with more MP this year and better quality but I find that the smaller size uploads much more quickly and can be edited easily with iPhoto on our Mac. Each photo then looks like it was taken with a higher resolution camera. I've always had a fascination with cameras and when digitals first came out I was ecstatic--unlimited "film"! Whoever thought of this was a genius.

Both of my sons have their own cameras and capture special moments as well. They're great for creative art, editing, enhancing emails and newsletters, graphics, etc. You can take as many photos as you want and maybe save only 2-3 of the best ones. I remember shooting 150 photos for my older son's graduation picture. Three of those were excellent. Every now and then I upload shots to our local Sam's Club and have prints made of some of my favorites from the year. It's much cheaper and better quality than printing on our printer and can also be made into photo books online. I may try that this year. Mostly though, I store them on CDs or on the computer. One of my nephews gave me a digital photo frame last year for Christmas and it is one of my favorite gifts since I can load 100+ photos on it and they rotate. Photos make special moments more fun to remember and the smiling faces of those we love are always with us in our family room. :)


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...