Monday, November 2, 2009

Giving Thanks, Thanksgiving, Marriage

My 26 days of Thanksgiving list continues:

2. I am thankful to be married (for 22 years) to a man of integrity who is faithful and loves God and our family with all his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Along this line of thought, a dear friend gave me this item in a little tract in my birthday card last week. (Her husband decided this time last year that he didn't want to be married any longer.) She doesn't want any of her friends' marriages to end up like hers. I'll share it with you:

What might God do if you said a simple prayer every day for your spouse?
Father, I said, "Til death do us part"--I want to mean it. Help me love You more than him, and him more than anyone or anything else. Help me bring him into Your presence today. Make us one, like You and three-in-one. I want to hear him, support him, and serve him--So he would love You more and we can bring You glory. Amen.

The prayer for the husband to pray each day for his wife is identical to this, substituting the feminine pronouns for the masculine.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...