Sunday, November 1, 2009

Giving Thanks, Thanksgiving, The Arts in Worship

There are 26 days in November until Thanksgiving. I will be listing at least one thing each day for which I am thankful to God for. Feel free to leave comments yourself of what you are thankful for today.

1. Today I am thankful to be able to worship freely and openly without fear of persecution in our country.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the last several weeks our family has been attending a delightful and interesting Sunday School class on worship taught by our intern worship leader, a student at Reformed Theological Seminary. The focus has been on the arts in worship--music, art and our own creativity. Here is a link to the classes if you're interested. One of the most amazing pieces that has been shown is a performance in sand art by a Ukrainian artist depicting feelings from World War 2. You will truly be amazed at this.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.


I suppose, since we were created in God's image, we were also designed to create.



No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...