Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks, Thanksgiving, Christian Businesses



My 26 days of Thanksgiving list continues:

25. I am thankful for Christian businesses that build and maintain their companies based on biblical standards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whether you are a Christian or not, I'm sure you appreciate businesses with the highest ethical and moral standards whose profits are invested into ministry and/or their employees. The most obvious example is Chick-Fil-A. I know many young people who have worked there, one currently in their management training program. It is a company that is closed on Sundays with the intention that its employees will spend time with their families, to rest and to attend church that day. There are a variety of community-oriented programs that Chick-Fil-A sponsors long-term foster care programs, summer camps for boys and girls and other community oriented events.

I like purchasing from Christian-owned (and run) companies. We have a good friend who is a mobile mechanic whom we hire to work on our cars. He is trustworthy and does excellent work. Often I am hired by other Christians to teach piano, to play for weddings, funerals or other events for the same reasons.  We have another friend who has a business doing home mainatenance.  It is good for us to support each other with our time and our finances whenever possible. If you live in the Orlando area, check out the Orlando Christian Directory the next time you need to purchase an item or need a service. I am thankful to have these choices available to us.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...