Saturday, November 21, 2009

Giving Thanks, Thanksgiving, Internet & Computers and Our Home


My 26 days of Thanksgiving continues.

20. I am thankful for computers, email and the internet.

21. I am thankful for our home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computers, email and the internet enable me to do two things I just love-- (1) keep in touch with family and friends, both new and old--and (2) learn. Taking photos (with digital cameras), editing them and then sharing them is a breeze. Research, if done using reliable sources, can be done on an almost unlimited variety of topics. I recently received an iPod Touch as a birthday gift from my brother. It's a little computer in your hands and so much fun to use. (Plus it looks pretty cool, too.) :) I know I'll continue to be a lifelong student due to someone's genius in designing computers. As an added bonus, they enable us to have home businesses with little or no additional expense. I am thankful to be able to have these pieces of equipment in our household.
==========================================
I am also thankful for the home we live in. It has been our residence for 11 years and has been a safe place for our sons to grow up (they were 9 and 4 when we moved here) with plenty of room for friends and activities, a pool, and a neighborhood where we can bike and/or walk without fear. It is close to our church, most of our friends and family, shopping. We husband bit the bullet and has a 40 minute+ drive to work each day, but he made the final decision to live here. We spent the first half of our marriage in a 1,000 s.f. condo not far from here. It had nice amenities and was the perfect size when we were married (I bought it when I was single) but when son #2 was born and my husband brought his office home, it started getting smaller. We were content to stay there until we paid off some debt and my husband was hired in a new job. We required a large down payment on the sale of our condo which went toward the down payment on this house. The closings were in the same room, 30 minutes apart, so we never had to pay two mortgages at the same time. The Lord blessed us more than I would ever have imagined by providing this home, especially on one income alone. Even in these economic times it has doubled in value. It is not a mansion but it is just what we need--a comfortable place to live, affordable, and a haven from the outside world with lots of special family memories. I am so thankful that our family has happily lived here together.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...