Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent, Adjectives Describing the Trinity


Advent: the arrival of a notable person, thing or event


I just finished the 26 days of Thanksgiving list in November. For December and the 26 days of Advent I will be using adjectives and/or phrases describing the Trinity. When my sons were young we did this for a few years each December in preparation for Christmas. They would draw or cut out a picture that made them think of one these adjectives and make a booklet of them all with Bible verses. To make it easy for them we used the 26 letters of the alphabet. Sometimes in prayer our minds get so bogged down with "stuff" that we forget to praise Him. Praying through the alphabet is a great way to get started and clear your thoughts to focus on the Lord each day.

If you think of more, post a comment and I will add them to the list.

Letter A:

Advent Devotional with Scripture Reading

Both of these verses are prophecies that Jesus will come to earth. "Immanuel" means "God with Us!". Jesus is light, a great light.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...