Monday, May 14, 2012

Good Health : More Greens in Your Day

Always on the quest for more greens and other vegetables in our meals. Here is one more use for fresh spinach--in vegetable soup.  I had never used spinach in our soups before but since I was on a roll last week with this green veggie, I tossed in two handfuls while the soup was simmering.   It was delicious!


Any soup (but especially homemade) served with fruit or a salad and a bread or cracker is delicious.



Start a pot of homemade soup in the morning for a nice hot lunch by noon.    Try adding a handful or two of fresh spinach to your next dish.

----------------------------------------

 I had mentioned Aldi spinach previously, and that I'd used it for green smoothies 


and in scrambled eggs with feta cheese.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to check out Aldi for spinach! I drink green smoothies daily, so I go through spinach like water!

Mrs. T. said...

Good for you, Jessie. I'm trying to drink them more often but not to the "every day" point yet. :)

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...