Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kiwis Help Canker Sores? Amazing!

I used to suffer from canker sores in an extreme way.   When I was younger (teens-late 20's) I could get up to 7 at one time on the inside of my mouth.  It was miserable!   I tried salt water, styptic pencils, over-the-counter meds and had to avoid anything citrus or acidic (oranges, tomatoes, etc.).   If I ate anything acidic, it was a guaranteed canker sore.  :(   Amazingly, once I gave birth to children my body chemistry seemed to change and the only time I get them now is when I accidentally bite the inside of my mouth. They don't last nearly as long though and  I can eat oranges st my heart's content!

If you suffer  from them, here is a tip I saw in our local newspaper yesterday.  Never heard of sauerkraut helping with them either.  As for me, I'd much prefer eating kiwis!

Q: I have suffered with canker sores all my life. I've read in your column about sauerkraut, but I've found that kiwi fruit works better.
If you eat at least two kiwi fruit a day, the next morning the canker sore will be much smaller and less painful. It works best if you chew the fruit and swish it around in your mouth for as long as you can. The fruit needs to be very ripe to work. I hope this helps anyone who reads it. 
A: We appreciate your experience. Other readers also have had success using kiwi fruit to fight canker sores (aphthous ulcers). Some eat kiwi weekly to prevent outbreaks.

casualchickiki.com

You can read the entire article HERE with two other health tips as well.

1 comment:

Susan Michaelson said...

This remedy doesn't work for the problem you described, cankers from acidic food, but it works like nothing else from any other cause, Canker Sores Begone. I like that it's non-toxic, doesn't sting, and the sores are usually gone by the next day, sometimes 2 or even 3 days - but fast. Don't know if available in stores but I order from www.cankersoresbegone.com. I also like that the shipping is free. I HATE paying for S&H :)

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...