Thursday, October 27, 2011

Family Outing: Legoland Florida

Last year for my birthday (and my son's) we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  This year we were looking for another outing and decided on Legoland, Florida.

When I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago that Legoland, Florida was giving away free vouchers to visit the new Legoland theme park, I jumped on it.  I called my older son who lives away from home and he did the same. By doing so, we got three free vouchers (@ $75 each = $225) PLUS a $10 off coupon for a senior ($55).  So, admission  cost us $55.  Admission plus a nice lunch and gas totaled about $100 for all four of us to enjoy this delightful new park.  A great bargain for a theme park just about anywhere.  :)

Regular admission prices are a bit high in my opinion.  I think $50 per person would be  reasonable and might get more people in after an initial visit.  I hope the high prices don't make this park close down as Cypress Gardens did.

If you have not gone to the park yet and have one of these vouchers  good through this weekend, BE SURE that you have read all the fine print and take everything you need to get in  (2 emails, VIP card which must be registered online, photo ID).  I felt bad for one lady and her family who arrived when we did. She apparently had not read all the instructions in the original email and did not have the proper documents to validate her voucher, so they family was turned away.   

Our family has  been BIG Lego fans ever since our sons were very small.  Although this park is really ideal for young children (I'd say up to age 12) there were areas that we could all enjoy-- the four roller coaster rides, the Mini-Land (my favorite), the old Cypress Gardens, a ski show, a water ride...

We ate at The Market near the entrance and all enjoyed our meal.  The weather was perfect, cool in the morning and mid-80s in the afternoon.    All in all, a wonderful day.   I hope the park does well.  There were very few people there when we arrived and it was never crowded. Granted, it was a Thursday, but for a much anticipated park, we expected many more people there.  Hours are from 10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and you can see pretty much everything in that time frame.  Tickets are $75 per adult; $65 for children (3-11) and seniors.

For more details on the park, go to THIS LINK.

PROMOTIONS  (found this on another website):  
Legoland does offer multiple promotions. There is currently an offer on Pepsi cans. Certified teachers (with a pay stub) can get a free annual pass. Also, if you are a part of a homeschool group, you can set up a field trip and each person is only $5  (you must have proof of FPEA membership or letter of intent to the county stating you are homeschooling).

















No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...