Monday, October 17, 2011

Pinterest Recipe: Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins

I have been using Pinterest for awhile now to collect ideas of things to do, cook, give as presents, etc.  I love having a "virtual" notebook at my fingertips, literally.  Here is a recipe that I found on Pinterest that  I made for weekend breakfast for our family.  Everyone enjoyed them.


The original post and recipe is at THIS LINK.  I made a few changes to the original recipe as noted below:

Ingredients

  • 1 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference) [I used bacon]
  • 1 cup broccoli florets [I used leftover steamed broccoli]
  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you're feeling that day)
  • 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed [I used mozzarella and cheddar cheeses]
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder.  Season with salt and pepper.
4. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil.Spoon out the sausage and broccoli mixture evenly into each cupcake.



5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli. 



6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. [I sprinkled one muffin tin with mozzarella and one with cheddar.  My family preferred the cheddar.]
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.  




These were delicious!  Definitely a keeper recipe around here.  :)



No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...