Monday, October 10, 2011

Homemade Pizza Bread Dough

I've posted about using homemade (or frozen)  bread dough to make pizza previously but that was using the entire loaf for one pizza to make a really hearty one with a thick crust.  With everyone trying to keep their weight and carbs (especially from breads) under control, you can also divide the dough in half and make TWO pizzas  or two strombolis.

To make the pizzas with thinner crust, prepare the dough as usual in your bread machine.  Divide it in half and spread it out with your hands on two cookie sheets / baking pans.


Next, spread out the red sauce.  I spread it with my clean hands so I can feel how wet it is getting.   I use Prego but any brand or homemade is fine. Just don't put too much or it will saturate the dough and make it too soggy.  I had a little bit left in a jar that I had used when making meatball subs and used that.  It was plenty.


Then sprinkle your cheese.  I used mozzarella shredded cheese from Aldi's.  This little bag actually has quite a bit in it.  I know I've used it for chicken parmesan, for salads and in eggs over the last couple of weeks.  I believe it's about $3.29 for this large bag.  Sprinkle it generously over the pasta sauce.



These were appetizer pizzas so I just topped them with sliced onions.  I forgot that I had mushrooms in the refrigerator.  :(


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes and Voila!  The recipe made two of these yummy pizzas....Use kitchen shears to cut the pizzas into small finger food size squares.   I took one platter of pizza squares to our Titus 2 Moms gathering and  we had one for snacks while watching the Gator game.





1 comment:

Carolina Mama said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. :) Love this recipe idea! :)

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...