Friday, October 14, 2011

Alternative / New Uses for Common Household Items

There are so many things in our homes that can be used for other purposes other than the one for which they were designed...  Here are just a few.

A ladder in the garage for storing wicker baskets. How often do you actually use that ladder?


The tops of decorative tins as wall "photos" in the laundry room.  The tins are filled with items that I have on my desk but the lids were sitting UNDER the boxes so I can easily get to the items.  I love Mary Engelbreit and having these in the laundry room makes it more pleasant to do the laundry.  :)


A wrought iron planter for a magazine/toilet paper holder in the bathroom.


A wicker/iron fruit bowl to hold the TV remote controls.



A folding rack to hold necklaces so they don't get tangled.  I have this in my closet.  My son has one on his wall to hold his neckties, keys, etc.


A cookbook holder to hold an open Bible.   You're more likely to sit down and read it when it's looking at you every time you walk by. :)



Take a look with different "eyes"  around your house and see what you have that can be reassigned for another use.   Cost?  $0.00   :)












No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...